June 19, 2022
As bestselling author Terrence Real says, if the person who cheated on you is willing to get real and do the work, you’re a fool to leave. But if they are unwilling to take accountability and change, then you’re a fool to stay.
Not much is harder than figuring out how to love your partner in all their messy humanness—and there’s also not much that’s more important. The good news: Warmer, closer, more passionate relationships are possible if you have the right tools. In his transformative new book, “Us: Getting Past You and Me to Build a More Loving Relationship” bestselling author Terrence Real brilliantly observes how our individualistic, winner-takes-all culture infiltrates affair recovery with devastating results
- Avoiding “The 5-Losing Strategies” of Relationship Recovery:
- Proving you are right
- Controlling your partner
- Unbridled self-expression
- How to trade in a “power and control” model of relating for a “relational model” so you can cultivate calm when triggered, remember love, and speak, act, and behave in ways that make relationships better – even when you’ve been betrayed.
- Understanding and maintaining the “biosphere” of your relationship, so both partners can win, thrive, and transform despite difficulty
- Working with the partner you have, and not the partner that you deserve in order to create the relationship you want
Terrence Real is the bestselling author of “I Don’t Want to Talk About It: Overcoming the Secret Legacy of Male Depression” and “How Can I Get Through to You?: Reconnecting Men and Women.” He has been a practicing family therapist for more than twenty years and has lectured and given workshops across the country. In March 2002, he founded the Relational Empowerment Institute. His work has been featured on NBC Nightly News, Today, Good Morning America, and Oprah, as well as in The New York Times, Psychology Today, Esquire, and numerous academic publications.
His latest book is “Us: Getting Past You and Me to Build a More Loving Relationship,” and for any of us, but especially for any of us in the betrayal recovery space, this book is huge!
Could it be time to stop working on yourself as an individual and start working on your relationship as a couple? At a time when toxic individualism is rending our society at every level, bestselling author and renowned marriage counselor Terrence Real explains how – while self-reflection and working on yourself is indeed essential – too much poisons intimate relationships. With deft insight, humor, and charm, Real guides you to transform your relationship into one that’s based on compassion, collaboration, and closeness.
“This book is a road map for all of us who seek true intimacy.”—GWYNETH PALTROW, founder and CEO of goop
“Us” is a groundbreaking guide to a new science-backed skillset—one that will allow you to get past your knee-jerk reactions and tap into your wiser, more collaborative self. With a novelist’s flair, Real shares the stories of couples whose relationships have been saved by these skills and pans out to the culture that reinforces our dysfunction. If you and your partner are backed into separate corners of “you” and “me,” this book will show the way back to “us.” With Us, your true relationship can begin.
Learn more about Terry Real at: https://terryreal.com/ and buy a copy of his latest book Us: Getting Past You and Me to Build a More Loving Relationship anywhere books are sold (or on his website!)
Lora Cheadle is an infidelity survivor who uses the concepts in burlesque to help women reclaim their identity and self-worth after betrayal so they can move forward with confidence, embrace their sexy, and create a life they love!
Download your Sparkle After Betrayal Recovery Guide at www.BetrayalRecoveryGuide.com and start reclaiming yourself and your life today!
Spring Sale! One-on-one affair recovery coaching for women who have been cheated on by their intimate partner who are committed to:
- Overcoming the devastation, pain, and obsessive thoughts and reclaiming peace,
- Rebuilding trust in themselves, their intuition, and the world,
- Making sense of their story regardless of their partner’s participation,
- Reconciling the life they have now with the life they thought they’d have,
- Moving on with confidence and clarity – whether they are working things out with their partner or moving on alone, and
- Bringing themselves back to life again, stronger and happier than before!
Only $333 per month for one 90-minute session per month, a monthly, 30-minute self-hypnosis to use between sessions, weekly prep work to augment your healing, and real-time Voxer support. Lora@loracheadle for more information or to apply.
Learn More & Apply Here! www.AffairRecoveryForWomen.com
Untangle yourself from the past, reclaim your power, and own your worth so you can create a future you love on your own terms. All with a wink and a smile!